[freem-dev] New ports

John Willis jpw at coherent-logic.com
Thu Mar 26 23:21:29 MDT 2020

Hello all,

We are now building and running on FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, all on amd64.

Tomorrow, we will attempt ports to GNU/Hurd and NetBSD/vax.

Work progresses on designing the future client/server architecture, as well as journaling and transaction processing.

John Best is attempting to get PASE installed on IBM i systems to which he has access, in order to begin that port. Thanks to Sophie Haskins, IRIX support should be coming soon as well, and also Raspberry Pi.

David Whitten has offered to assist in building an OS file for VA Kernel in order to begin the journey towards supporting the VistA EHR.

I am also hoping to support VPE in FreeM soon.

Take care.
John