[retronet-core] RetroNet Services Core LAN…

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Sep 18 21:29:19 MDT 2018

Heyo,

I'm thinking about rearranging the RetroNet Services Core LAN configuration.

Here's the current configuration of my test client.

             [drscriptt]-----[rn-conc-01]-----[rn-services-01]
WireGuard        |--------------|
VXLAN L2         |--------------|-------------------|
L3 interface     |----------------------------------|

I'd like to move the L3 interfaces from rn-services-01 to rn-conc-01.

             [drscriptt]-----[rn-conc-01]-----[rn-services-01]
WireGuard        |--------------|
VXLAN L2         |--------------|   |---------------|
L3 interface     |--------------|   |---------------|

This will mean that rn-conc-01 will have a separate interface that is
part of the RetroNet Services Core LAN and that clients will not be on
the same host with the services.  Thus they must actually route to them.

This would be more realistic comparison to T1's terminating on a router
that is plugged into the same LAN as server.

I have proven that we can switch VNIs through concentrators to the
RetroNet core.  I.e. when we have multiple concentrators and connections
back to RetroNet Services Core LAN.

I'd like to focus more on a configuration that we can start adding more
test clients to and have them start actually using RetroNet, likely IRC
for now.  I'm sure we will quickly add DNS and HTTP(S) to the roster.

What do you think?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die