[retronet] Hi. I'm new here.

Wossen Wyatt wossen.wyatt at wossman.net
Mon Apr 8 21:09:42 MDT 2019

Hi John

That was quick!

Thanks for the welcome.

As for the Suns, I'd like to try MAE on the Ultra 45 to run old Mac OS and
I'm interested in cross-architecture benchmarks so I can compare the
performance of the UltraSPARC III against the Opteron 880. They're both
running Solaris 10 right now. But they're quite loud and I power-hungry so I
don't see myself using them on a continuous basis - just for experiments now
and then.

Oh, and I'd also like to try benchmarking a software RAID 0 of the five
Ultra 320 SCSI 10k rpm drives in the v40z. But I have no idea what tools to
use. Can you point me in the right direction?