[retronet] Looking for a Raspberry Pi owner to help with bleeding edge testing.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Sep 24 14:31:20 MDT 2018

On 09/24/2018 01:40 PM, Cornelius Keck via retronet wrote:
> Well, not really... so far one can dumb this down to either a somewhat
> easy to follow procedure, or (one step further) a tarball containing a
> known-to-compile Wireguard release plus a shell script for preparation
> and setup.

I'm cool with asking prospective RetroNet members to follow instructions
to install a package from the distro, possibly with an additional
repository.  I think asking people to compile might be going a bit far.

That being said, I hope that we do have people that are willing to
compile.  I just don't want compiling to be a requirement.

> Next thing to do is to set up certificates for both local and remote
> side. These are peer-to-peer, means one needs one pair per retro-net
> link. There is a procedure for that, too. It's on my list of stuff to
> tinker with.

Yep, creating the private and public key pairs for WireGuard is really
simple.

wg genkey | tee ${member}-${node}.key | wg pubkey > ${member}-${node}.pub

The public key file (${member}-${node}.pub) can easily be shared publicly.

I'm interested in hearing the procedures that you're thinking about.

This is in line with what I think we need to be doing at this point with
RetroNet.  We are ready for *a* *few* /limited/ *bleeding* *edge*
/testers/.  I'm mainly limiting it so that we can decide how to do
things like allocate WireGuard VPN link-net IPs and VXLAN IPs in
addition to key management.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die