[retronet] Hostname conventions for RetroNet concentrators

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Sep 9 20:18:06 MDT 2018

On 09/09/2018 08:12 PM, Grant Taylor via retronet wrote:
> It may seem rather presumptuous of us to think that we need something in
> multiple countries, but based on interest on TUHS, I KNOW that we have
> interested parties in multiple countries.  So we should allow for that now.

My initial thoughts are that the "link-net" connections will be specific
to the particular VPN concentrator that a member connects to.  Their
RetroNet routed subnet will still be theirs to use which ever VPN
concentrator that they connect to.  It will just be accessed by
different link-nets.

I think this will simplify VPN concentrator configuration and over all
RetroNet design.

This also mirrors what happens if a business moves from one ISP to
another.  Their BGP announcements stay the same, it's just that they are
across a different provider link.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die