[retronet-core] RetroNet Services Core LAN…

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Sep 18 22:58:12 MDT 2018

On Sep 18, 2018, at 9:36 PM, John P. Willis via retronet-core <retronet-core at mailman.chivanet.org> wrote:
> I think this makes a lot more sense. Get onto the real configuration as soon
> as possible, to avoid reconfiguring things and causing lots of pain later.

Agreed.

This probably means that we need to think more about addressing and how we want to deploy.

I see WireGuard VPNs and VXLAN link-nets, both /30s to come from somewhere. There is also RetroNet Services core LAN (100.64.1.0/24).

Members will have 100.64.$Member.0/24.

> How would this affect any potential services being offered by RN (the service
> provider) that make use of unroutable protocols?

I wasn’t aware of any services that RetroNet Services would offer over an unroutable protocol. What are you thinking about?

L2 connections will be member to member and not touch RetroNet Services.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die