[retronet-core] Test RetroNet VPN concentrator.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Sep 9 16:31:51 MDT 2018

Hi John,

I think we are ready to stand up a test RetroNet core VPN concentrator.

The VXLAN-over-WireGuard has gone a LOT simpler and I think that you
should be able to install what's needed on the concentrator.

In fact, I'd appreciate it if you (or someone other than me) would do
this.  I'm asking for someone else to do it as a sanity check and to
make sure that things get documented such that they can be successfully
executed.

To that end, would someone please do the following:

1)  Install Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server in a VM that can have a globally
routed IP.  (I think NAT may be okay.)
2)  Add the wireguard repository.

       add-apt-repository ppa:wireguard/wireguard

3)  Install WireGuard and Open vSwitch.

       apt-get update && apt-get install wireguard openvswitch-switch

Once that's done, we can start kibitzing about the VPNs and OvS & VTEPs.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die